Thursday, February 26, 2009

Local Color: Seen and Heard

Sean:"Soon these socks will NOT be clean!" (said victoriously while putting on new socks for T Ball practice)

02/15/09
Mimi sent Styrofoam gliders for valentine's day. The boys have been flying them everyday in the front yard. Today Sean's plane came in for a landing on the roof. Traffic control tower 1 was not happy and came in crying and upset to tell me about the errant plane. I went outside to survey the situation and saw Isaac standing in the yard perfectly still, one hand raised, two fingers pointed toward the roof.
"What are you doing Isaac?"
"using the force to get Sean's plane off the roof."
oh. right. of course.
I think I've encouraged the force thing a little too much. I showed them how to practice their force skills locking the car doors, rolling car windows down and opening those double doors at the grocery store. They BELIEVE. I had no idea how much until this conversation...

I looked out the window no less than 10 minutes later. Isaac has moved to higher ground. He's now standing perfectly still in the back of the truck intently forcing the plane down off the roof.
About 5 minutes later Isaac came running in yelling, "I did it!!!! I forced it! God gave me the power that I needed to complete it!!! I forced it down!!!

A few days later, Isaac was on top of the monkey bars in the backyard forcing his own plane off the roof. The wind blew it down the next day.

02/25/09

Sean: "Mommy, do you have anything I can destroy with my rubber mallet besides bricks?"
M: "you still have that metal headboard you bought at that garage sale...."
S: " Oooo, (petting the rubber mallet) good, rubber mallet."
We walk into the shed to get said headboard...
S: (as I'm pulling the headboard out from behind my bike)..."Mommy, do you still want your bike?"
M: "um..yes you crazy guy!"

Sean is currently pounding the shit out of the headboard. I know because I can hear it inside the house. There is not a happier boy on the planet at the moment.

My personal favorite:
The boys like to play rhyming and alliteration games. They use one letter at the beginning of every word. They think this is uproariously funny.

Today they were playing a rhyming game. They repeat a word and change the first letter to make a rhyme. "We're having lunch punch!" *insert goofy laughing here*

2 comments:

  1. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. brick work company new York

    ReplyDelete